Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Has anyone washed their bike yet?


Riding in the rain takes its toll on a new and clear motorcycle. The tires spray mud all over the bottom parts and fairings of the motorcycle and it inevidently loses the "off the shelf" perfection that it has at first. How do you wash a motorcycle though? Should one simply take it to the car-wash? Most certainly not.

Pressurized water is not motorcycles' friend. This is the first rule I learned from reading in the Internet. I haven't done the washing yet myself, but it does not hurt to do a bit of research in the first place. There are countless videos in YouTube on the topic, but what I think is a very useful and short article is this article in about.com. Washing a motorcycle doesn't have to be so complicated that you spend 20 minutes watching someone washing their motorcycle on YouTube. Follow the easy steps in my link, and that's it. Easy! 

I still think you could do without degreaser though. I will post my own tutorial with photos based on the one shown in about.com in the future. 

1 comments:

Yves said...

Yea, I could have done without the guy in the background of this post's picture, but there should be eventually a little something for the female readers of the blog too, right? :)

Post a Comment