Saturday, January 29, 2011

How safe do you feel when riding (and some retro bikes)?


Riding a motorcycle can obviously be dangerous, especially when we have to share the roads with cars, trucks and various vehicles that can easily harm bikers. Have you ever felt scared though? Have you felt worried for your safety to the point where you wonder if it is worthy riding a motorcycle?


I have had mixed feelings about it. When I am not riding, but thinking about it, I always feel scared and sometimes even wonder if I am not risking too much. Most people have probably had such feeling at some point. However, the moment I sit on the motorcycle, I forget all the fear. I am simply concentrated on what I am doing and I actually enjoy it. That is the most important thing when you ride a bike, to enjoy it. 

This little talk about my worries is supposed to make you, future riders, think whether you are comfortable with the risks in riding a motorcycle. I would like to point out to you this wonderful article by Sameraz on the topic. It's important to be comfortable with what you are doing and do not forget that your safety really depends on your riding style as well. So, ride safe!

Here are some nice classic bike pics to distract you from the unpleasant topic.



WWII BMW is awesome, isn't it?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome collection

Yves said...

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your comment.

Post a Comment