Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Honda design change


A year ago, this was the motorcycle which I was in love with and which I wanted to have. What Honda has done this year, for a reason I cannot comprehend, is change this great looking bike's design with the one of the "futuristic" looking and new CBR250R.

Honda has decided to attract the attention of new riders by creating the CBR250R which is perfectly fine. It is understandable that regardless of how great the CBR125R is, some new riders just need the additional power offered by 250cc engine.



However, why did they need to change the design of an already great looking bike with this new geeky look of the CBR250R? Wasn't there another way of advertising this motorcycle without making it look the same way as its bigger relative? I also wonder, why do these CBR models look like a VFR instead of the gorgeous looking Honda superbikes?

There probably are people who are in favour of this design, but I can tell they are a minority. Everyone I asked about this design, agreed with me on my position that it doesn't look half as good as the old one. This otherwise targeted at young people motorcycle is simply not attractive to young people. I am a young person, but now Honda has put me off with a tourer look on what is supposed to be a streetbike. Can we have the old design back please?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't agree - I have a 2007, and while I think it is an attractive bike, the 2011 does look a bit better. I am not a fan of the orange color, though.

Yves said...

It is completely fair to have personal opinion. As I have mentioned in the post, people like yourself, Anonymous, surely can be found. You are the first one who tells me that you prefer the new design though.

Anonymous said...

I have a 2011 black model. It is a damn fine looking motorcycle! :-)

Post a Comment