Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ninja 250R first impressions


I have received my first motorcycle and vehicle in general. So, here are my first impression after riding it for a while: IT IS AWESOME!

I can't say I have any considerable experience with motorcycles. However, I have been on several different models and brands, and if you are someone who wants to buy this motorcycle as your first one and wonder how you would feel on it, my first impressions would be useful to you.

Comfort of the bike is good, considering it is a street bike. The seat is hard to the touch, but when sitting on it, I did not feel the need of having a softer seat. Riding position is not too aggressive; it is comfortable and reassuring  for new riders because of its height. I am 175cm tall and it feels great for my size. I have yet to take it on longer trips and see how comfortable it is then.

When people say that 250 is small, it is smaller than many other motorcycles, but as a new rider you would be surprised at how much power this bike can deliver. I was not surprised by having to shift a lot in the city, but that would probably change a bit once the bike is broken in and ready to be taken to high RPM. Besides, it is a good practice to do that; I got used to rev-matching and clutch control in no time.

The sound was another thing that surprised me since in person it sounds so much better than on any video in YouTube. The stock exhaust is not loud, but still louder than most cars on the streets. If I change the exhaust it will be in order to gain some performance and not because of the sound. That is for sure. Yet, there are some people who prefer louder pipes, who might consider changing the exhaust soon after purchasing the bike.

A small problem with this motorcycle if you are outside Europe is the lack of fuel injection. The temperatures here have been several degrees above zero for the last two weeks, which requires 5-10 minutes of warming up the engine before riding. If you try riding with engine which is not warmed up, the throttle is unresponsive and the bike can stall. This is the only disadvantage for people who live in colder places, but if you remember to get out 10 minutes earlier, it is not a big deal.

Overall, it is a great motorcycle for beginners. You can really feel its lightness and controllability. Power is more than enough for every-day needs. Build quality seems to be good with almost no rattling fairings.

1 comments:

sandhiya said...

U have shared the best tips to make out. Thanks a lot for the good points u have made.
Cheers !

Exhaust Sound Control

Post a Comment