Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My next bike


It is not as if I will be buying a new motorcycle any soon, or that I am fed up with my Ninja 250R. However, I can't help contemplating on what my next motorcycle will be. I have considered and liked a few motorcycles to this point, but there is a bike this year which grabbed my attention. It is the Kawasaki ER-6n.

There are people who stick to their 250R's, or who buy a bigger motorcycle only to realize that the nimble nature of the Ninja 250 makes it a much more attractive city commuter and as a result go back to it. I can understand that. I can see the real value of the 250: it has low fuel consumption, it has low registration fees and is a lot of fun to ride around the block. However, once I go on the highway, I immediately wish I was on a bigger engine motorcycle.

Unlike the 600cc sport-bikes on the market, which are not very suitable for hot day city riding, the Kawasaki ER-6n in my opinion can offer the features that I like in my Ninja 250 and provide a bigger engine too. 'n' for naked, this is one really beautiful motorcycle equipped with a parallel twin cylinder engine, just like its smaller 250cc cousin, but bumped up to 649cc. Having the torque of this engine means you could ride at lower RPM, conserve fuel, and have a more pleasant ride on the highway. Another technical advantage to the North American Ninja 250R is that the ER-6n has fuel injection. 

With its very affordable price and great specifications, I think that this motorcycle will be a perfect step up for people who enjoy their Ninja a lot, and want a more powerful bike which is of the same type as the 250R.

And here are some Google images that I have dug out to demonstrate how pretty the Kawasaki ER-6n is:





0 comments:

Post a Comment