Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fuel consumption


Yes, I know I haven't been riding nearly enough, but there are reasons for that; in any case, yesterday was the first time I refilled the tank after winter storage. I also did some calculations, and oh my god, this Ninja has been such a gas guzzler since winter!

Or rather, it has been a consuming monster, relative to 250cc motorcycles. It turns out it consumed 5.0 L/100km, or for you people in the US: 47mpg. I might be wrong, but aren't such consumptions expected of 600cc twin cylinder motorcycles? Of course, the little ninja needs to rev higher in order to achieve performance, so that contributes to the consumption, but last year I used to achieve 4.6 L/100km. Could the stabilizer, which I added to the fuel before winter came, be affecting the consumption in that way? Or is it a question of driving style and conditions? I don't really know, but I will find out at the next refill.

0 comments:

Post a Comment