Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Back on track


The weather outside is great. It has been great since last Saturday, so that was the day I decided to assemble my motorcycle. Since I had done a proper winterization, all I really had to do was install the battery and do a visual check up on the tires, lights, indicators, chain and whatever else I could come up as worth visually checking out. The first start up was surprisingly easy...


Well, it took me a minute to start the bike, but had I known from the very beginning how to exactly start it, it would have taken seconds. Let me explain. What I supposed had happened over winter was that very small amount of fuel had leaked into the cylinders, kind of flooding the engine. So, to start the bike, at first, I tried to give it a little gaz. That was totally wrong; the starter cranked but there were no signs of life in that engine. Option two: choke it a little and try again, but that gave no result either. It was only when I choked it all the way that I had a sign of life, and on the second crank it started. Here is that moment when I figured out what I had to do:


Ninja is back to life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment