Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Kawasaki Ninja 250r, no more.


I have bad news and good news. The bad news is, as you can probably tell from the title, north american people will not be able to purchase new ninja 250's soon. The good news for those who wanted to but did not yet buy a 250 is that now this motorcycle is replaced by the Kawasaki Ninja 300.




This is quite a sexy bike. I will not be going over the specs one-by-one because if you wanted to read that, you could always do so in kawasaki's website on your own. To save you some time though, simply put, it is better than the 250r in every single way. I have loved my 250 as a beginner's bike, but I can guarantee you, future riders, this will be even better bike that will keep you satisfied for much longer, if not forever. Oh do I want one right now...


I cannot express, however, my frustration when I saw this motorcycle being announced. It did not take Kawasaki long before scrapping away the 2008 ninja design for something completely new, did it? I certainly did not expect that. I understand it is a good thing. And don't get me wrong, this motorcycle is amazing, I stand by that even when not having ridden one. I am frustrated because I can't have one now. I wish I could have started on a bike like this. 

The 250 has given me a lot. Because of its price though, it has a small issue that bothers me a lot: carburetor. With time, I started wishing I had a little more power too, especially when riding on the highway. I still think it was the best starter motorcycle to own. With the Ninja 300 the few issues (or may be better to say dislikes) that I had with the ninja 250 have been addressed, but then there is so much more added: ABS option, wider tyres, modern and better design, slipper clutch for further protection. And finally, the thing that drives me mad, the price is the same as for the 250 (without ABS).

Soon to be riders, please, you have an obligation to go buy one. I envy you so much, and I can't wait to  see you on the streets riding the new Kawasaki Ninja 300.


0 comments:

Post a Comment