Saturday, December 3, 2011

Best tutorial for storage preparation


The last time I mentioned winter storage, I listed some procedures from a card given to me by the motorcycle school I went to. However, realistically speaking, I don't think it's necessary to do such procedures as draining the carbs and lubing the cylinders for a simple winter storage. Luckily, I found a tutorial which specifies in what circumstances exactly such procedures are necessary.


For a simple winter storage of a few months, you do not need to drain the carbs as it turns out, or lube the cylinders for that matter: not particularly beginner friendly tasks. All you need is run the system for a while with some stabilizer in the fuel instead. It might be good news for the lazy ones, but doubly so for a newbie like myself who would rather not fiddle with the carburetors. But here, check out the additional information for yourself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment