Sunday, September 25, 2011

Autumn has arrived.


With the end of the busy (at least for a working student) summer comes the moment when I can actually go out for some leisure riding and get back to posting here. Although autumn means that in a month or two I will have to winterize my motorcycle, this proves to be the time when I enjoy riding the most.

I like the summer. However, I don't like the heat, which combined with high humidity makes even the task of fastening your shoe laces impossible to do without sweating. You can imagine how unpleasant it was to ride in such weather with a jacket, helmet and thick riding boots.

Now, it is different. Temperatures peak at 21-23 degrees and mornings are even cooler. Most importantly, I don't go to work with the motorcycle, allowing me to see it as a source of fun and not only as a mere vehicle for taking me to the job place.

I have also serviced the bike (1000km service), which I think signifies the moment when the engine is broken in enough to go on the highway. I have finally unleashed the potential of the Ninja 250. It's time to have a couple of great riding months, before winter freezes the land, thanks to my bike which to me seems to have transformed from just a small, needing lots of shifting 250 to a revvy, comfortable and nimble joy-machine. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment