Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Kawi 250r: 2011 SE vs 2010 SE colours


In the last few years since 2009, Kawasaki has been releasing the Ninja 250r with different Special Edition paint jobs. This year, once again, they haven't changed anything in the already great bike, but have simply changed the looks. Here are my impressions on the 2011 and the 2010 models.

Here are the models I will talk about:

2011 SE Green

2010 SE Green

2011 SE White

Lets start with the old 2010 Special Edition. It is in my opinion the best looking ninja since ... ever. For the first time Kawasaki switched the shiny aluminum exhaust with the black coloured one in this model, and it made the bike look great. White sport stripes really suit the green colour and the green rear seat is personally something I love and really like from a stylistic point of view. It is my favourite indeed. 

An interesting fact in Canada is that for 2011, and I stress on this, we WON'T have the new green Special Edition. Why has Kawasaki decided not to sell a green 250 here? Probably because people do not buy this colour that much? Anyway, all that means is that I haven't had the chance to see it in person. From what I see in Internet, it is simpler, with less colours (just green and black-gray). I do not know why they have given up on the idea of green back seat. It really made the bike special. This special edition does not look so special to me, but at least it wears the Kawasaki green which is what matters in the end.

My first impression when I saw the white version was denial. I could not believe they made a white bike which is sold instead of the green one here. I hated it, I mean, what colour combination is white/gray/red? I thought it was disgusting, until I saw it in person. The white colour is actually pearl paint with numerous small particles reflecting the light in the reddish spectra. The splashes on the fairings around the back seat are quite appealing and the gray actually looks nice and discrete. I can imagine this colour scheme would be perfect for some girls, but not for me.

As last thoughts, I'd say go and check the bike in person because it looks quite different than on your computer screen. I bought one of the last 2010 SE's here and I wouldn't change it for anything. The new colours are fine, but not enough to match the old one. And if you think these are not what you want or too flashy for you, don't forget you can get it in blue, red, or the most famous, black.

0 comments:

Post a Comment